Re: Orphaned packages in testing which were never in stable

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 10:05:07PM +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:

> Chris Cheney indends to adopt the package, yes, but he only mailed
> to 127699@... instead of properly renaming the bug to ITA.

I have this sneaking suspicion that we need a tool more appropriate than
the BTS to handle the WNPP.  The BTS seems rather fragile for this
purpose - the format for bug titles and to a greater extent the way
followups for bug reports are handled (not going to the bug sumbitter)
both seem rather fragile and aren't really handled all that well by the
mechanisms normally used when interacting with the BTS.