Re: Status of clisp

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 12:56:07PM +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:

>      clisp | 1999-07-22-4 |       testing | m68k
>      clisp | 1999-07-22-4 |      unstable | m68k
>      clisp | 1999-07-22-5 |        stable | source, alpha, i386, powerpc
>      clisp | 1999-07-22-5 |       testing | powerpc
>      clisp | 2000-03-06-2 |       testing | source, alpha, i386
>      clisp | 1:2.27-0.5   |      unstable | source, alpha, i386, powerpc, s390
>
> Currently the program has major (multiple) portability problems with
> all other archs, as all you can see from buildd.
> IMHO, all portability problems should at this
> time be forwarded to upstream (who did not release update since last july),
> and control file modified to build only on valid archs.
> Or dropped on woody :(

As you can see from the changelog and WNPP bug, I started working on this
package when I found that there was a new upstream release after a long
dormant period.  I had hoped that it would address some of the long-standing
bugs, but it turned out to have at least as many problems as the previous
version.  During the time that I was working on it, I received several
wishlist bugs indicating that there is quite a bit of interest in this
package, but it will probably be a lot of work to get it built on all Debian
architectures.

--
 - mdz