Re: WNPP bug overview

Hi Marcelo!

You wrote:

>  > There are 809 WNPP bugs in the BTS, of which
>  >  - 52 are RFA's (packages in need of adoption) [2 contrib, 3 non-free]
>
>  "offered up for adoption"?

OK.

>  >  - distributed-net-pproxy, 216 days orphaned, 0 RC bugs [non-free]
>
>  I really miss the reverse depends info here.  It's useful in some
>  cases, e.g.:
>
>   blas (#115397), orphaned 41 days ago
>        Reverse Depends: lapack-dev petscgraphics1 atlas-test
>        petscgraphics1-demo blitz++ lapack r-base-dev blas-dev

I agree. I already mplemented the revdeps, but somehow they don't get
printed. Will fix.

>  > The following ITA's will be renamed to O's or RFA's[2]:
>  >  - 68134 ITA --> RFA: auto-pgp (1085 days old)
>
>  this information is useful, but I don't think it belongs in a mail to
>  debian-devel-announce.  Informing the person who submitted the bug
>  about it is a good idea.  Informing debian-devel or debian-qa is also a
>  good idea.

Hmm, OK, it might indeed be better to split the report in two: one part
(with general stats, packages to be removed, list of all orphaned and
RFP'ed packages) to d-d-announce, and one (with renaming and merging
notification and errors) to d-d/d-qa.

>  > The following duplicate bugs will be merged:
>  >  - new-pinepgp: 88327(RFP) 110743(ITP)
>
>  please inform the submitters, too.

Yes, of course. In fact, everyone who ever contributed to the bug log
is Cc'ed. This is probably overkill, but it won't really hurt anyone i
think.

>  > [1] Orphaned packages are to be removed after:
>  >      - 300 days (main, no RC bugs)
>  >      -  50 days (contrib, no RC bugs)
>  >      -  25 days (non-free, no RC bugs)
>  >      - 150 days (main, one or more RC bugs)
>  >      -  25 days (contrib, one or more RC bugs)
>  >      -  10 days (non-free, one or more RC bugs)
>  > [2] ITA's will be renamed to O's or RFA's after 50 days
>  > [2] ITP's will be renamed to RFP's after 50 days
>
>  Please take into account package's Priority.

OK.

>  Other than that, since this is obviously doing a much better job than
>  my version, would you like to take charge of the weekly report
>  generation?

Sure, but please wait until my script is bug free ;)

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |