Bug#11824: Bugs fixed etc. in FVWM 2.2
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#11824: Bugs fixed etc. in FVWM 2.2
- From: Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk>
- Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 01:33:11 +0000 (GMT)
- Message-id: <[🔎] E10PcXf-000077-00@polya>
- Reply-to: Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk>, email@example.com
The following bugs should have been fixed or similar in the new fvwm
package, which has just been installed. (It is version 2.2-1.) Also
listed are a couple of bugs/wishlist items which appear unlikely to be
fixed for the time being.
Please let me know if there are still problems with these bugs or,
indeed, any others.
5736 "Restart /usr/bin/X11/afterstep" with two spaces doesn't
10862 Window order messed up on restarting fvwm; patch available
11824a Give focus to a window (Sloppy focus) and immediately call up a
menu in window => menu ends up buried as main window gains
focus (FvwmAuto too slow or something?).
11861 Bad default main-menu-pre.hook
NOT OBSERVED UPSTREAM
11886a Sometimes the pager does not display a mapped window until it
11886c RaiseLower sometimes lowers not fully-raised windows instead of
16143 Apparent interaction between WinList and having handles/
non-zero BorderWidth causes WinList to drift.
18576 FvwmButtons doesn't exit and eats all processor time when
leaving X with ctl-alt-bksp.
20444 Restarting fvwm seems to shift some windows slightly; perhaps
to do with miscalculating the save set? Something to do with
non-zero border width?
20831 Pager balloon patch: shows balloons when over a window in the
pager. (Wishlist; patch included.)
FIXED (with ColorLimit in config file)
22286 Problems with colourful menu icons on an 8-bit display; should
fvwm2 be responsible for filtering them to a small colour set?
24135 Purging fvwm2 doesn't remove all files.
32796 Path problems in menu file and hook files missing.
32939 Contains /usr/bin but doesn't use it.
33109 Registers itself as icewm.
33755 Should have used register-windows-manager
34149 Same as 32796
"CLOSE AS FIXED" (BUT WHO KNOWS WHAT'S UP WITH BINDINGS)
18003 Irregularities for key bindings for Tab etc; C-M-Tab doesn't
seem to work properly; want Mouse 2 I A Iconify in
system.fvwm2rc; what happened to C/M-<arrow key>? (Debian specific?)
21097 Gravity patch for IconBox wanted in main fvwm2.
32795 FvwmPager should be started before user's post.hook in
system.fvwm2rc. (Debian specific?)
WON'T BE FIXED -- TOO WIDGET SPECIFIC
8785 FVWM unaware of ability to drag windows around by using their
static areas if they are Athena widgets.
MOVEMENT: middle mouse button; wordwrap: probably not
8954 FvwmPager should allow windows to be moved in it => windows
moving in main window. Also, could wordwrap titles in Pager.
DONE (except for default?)
14791 MenuStyle should default to fvwm, not mwm. The behaviour of
menus at the right side of the screen could do with
SHOULD BE FIXED
21547 Root menu bound to button with "Mouse 0 3 A Menu /Debian Nop",
but then submenus' positions depend on where button clicked --
may end up too far left/right. Only problem with MWM style?
Not the responsibility of the Windows manager, but of the X Server.
Also, can't be done in a way which makes all applications happy.
25601 Would like a possibility of keyboard mouse button emulation.
11495 All sorts of copyright problems which need to be addressed.
Wishlist items - forwarded to fvwm-workers (!)
This has not been incorporated yet -- maybe one day?
27276 Internationalisation patch (included) -- from fvwm-users-jp
Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
Debian GNU/Linux Developer. firstname.lastname@example.org
-*- Finger email@example.com for my PGP public key. -*-