Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before releasing Hamm

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Christian Schwarz wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Erik Andersen wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Apr 10, 1998 at 03:06:30AM -0400, Brian White wrote:
> > > The following bug reports *must* be fixed before the current frozen Debian
> > > distribution can progress further in its development cycle.  Reminders have
> > > been sent to the maintainers of these packages yet nothing has been done to
> > > remedy these bugs.
> > >
> > > Bug #  Package Name       Bug Description [days old] (maintainer)
> > > ~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > [---------------snip--------------]
> > > 14953: elvis            - elvis is not DFSG free [144]  (andersee@et.byu.edu (Erik B. Andersen))
> > [---------------snip--------------]
> > >                                           Brian
> > >                                  ( bcwhite@verisim.com )
> > >

> > As stated above, Elvis is not DFSG free, and the upstream author completely
> > ignores all attempts at communication.  Elvis has been removed from the
> > distribution, and this is fine with me.  Vim is an excellent replacement,
> > and is free.  Remove this bug from the critical list.  It is not critical,
> > and it is _not_ going to be fixed.  I will do nothing further with elvis.
> > It is not free, and therefore it is not a part of Debian.
>
> Please downgrade the bug report's severity to `normal' to get it removed
> from the list (but only, if elvis has really been removed from `hamm').
>

> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Elvis is indeed no longer in hamm.  How do I get elvis completely
removed from the bug tracking system (which has my email address from
a couple of years ago per the old stable version of elvis), and listed
as orphined, redundant, with an upstream maintainer that ignores us
completely?  I don't want it in Debian anymore (I'm not the only
Debian person to be ignored by the author) and I don't want to have
anything to do with elvis ever again.  Shall I post a bug against
ftp.debian.org for stable (since it is not DFSG free in stable either)
to have it completely removed?

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/