Bug#515995: marked as done (libapache2-mod-auth-sys-group: mod-auth-sys-group cant validade winbind groups)
Your message dated Thu, 06 Jun 2013 06:45:42 +0000
with message-id <E1UkTx8-0002rJemail@example.com>
and subject line Bug#710770: Removed package(s) from unstable
has caused the Debian Bug report #515995,
regarding libapache2-mod-auth-sys-group: mod-auth-sys-group cant validade winbind groups
to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact email@example.com with problems
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Debian Bug Tracking System <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: libapache2-mod-auth-sys-group: mod-auth-sys-group cant validade winbind groups
- From: Daniel Leite <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:14:26 +0000
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I have a apache with mod-auth-sys-group to validade the access to a location via a group
(subversion via http with AD authentication)..
If i use a normal system group it works fine, if i use a windows AD group, via winbind, it
"GROUP: $USER not in required group(s)."
if i do a "id $USER" it gives that the user have the correct group.
If i do a "getent group |grep $GROUPNAME" also reports that the user is in the
This config worked fine in etch, when i updated to lenny it stop working, so something
changed in lenny that broke this
i found this reference:
that might solve the problem (didnt test it yet), as this is a production system.
As a workaround for the problem by extractiong the groups i need (svn-*) and merge
then in the system group file every time i update the AD groups:
getent group | grep "svn-"| tr [A-Z] [a-z] >>/etc/group
Again, this config in etch worked fine, in lenny it fails to match the AD username
with the AD group, even if the basic system tools can do it
-- System Information:
Debian Release: 5.0
APT prefers stable
APT policy: (500, 'stable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.26-1-686 (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Versions of packages libapache2-mod-auth-sys-group depends on:
ii apache2.2-common 2.2.9-10+lenny2 Apache HTTP Server common files
ii libc6 2.7-18 GNU C Library: Shared libraries
libapache2-mod-auth-sys-group recommends no packages.
libapache2-mod-auth-sys-group suggests no packages.
-- no debconf information
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
- To: email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#710770: Removed package(s) from unstable
- From: Debian FTP Masters <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 06:45:42 +0000
- Message-id: <E1UkTx8-0002rJfirstname.lastname@example.org>
as the package libapache2-mod-auth-pam has just been removed from the Debian archive
unstable we hereby close the associated bug reports. We are sorry
that we couldn't deal with your issue properly.
For details on the removal, please see http://bugs.debian.org/710770
The version of this package that was in Debian prior to this removal
can still be found using http://snapshot.debian.org/.
This message was generated automatically; if you believe that there is
a problem with it please contact the archive administrators by mailing
Debian distribution maintenance software
Ansgar Burchardt (the ftpmaster behind the curtain)
--- End Message ---