Releasing ncurses

Hello Sven, Thomas and anyone tracking ncurses,
 Apologies if you get double posts, I'm not sure if you are subscribed
to the packages email alias or not.

I think we're pretty close where we should be putting out a Debian
release of ncurses.

I'd like #556378 fixed beforehand, if possible. This is the -static
problem, which Sven tried to fix with the --without-dlsym and had
build troubles.  If I can get some idea on how tricky it is to fix we
can then work out wether or not we fix it this time.

There's two important bugs that are fixed but not closed off, that's a
BTS problem not a ncurses problem.

The remaining important level bug #569227 looks more like a shell
problem, not ncurses. In any case it seems somewhat specific to the
submitters setup.

Is there anything else we really need to get sorted out before this
release?

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au