[bug report] midnight commander OR proftpd

Hello package maintainer,

I tried to use the ftp link functionality of Midnight
Commander to download a BIG directory using ftp from a
proftp server.

I doesn't seem to work. MC shows an empty directory
when I go there. Copying the whole directory isn't
possible also.

Since other directories DO work. I think it has to do
with the size of this particular directory. It has
little over 140000 files in it. I think it's a bug.

The bug is: midnight commander ftp link client OR
proftpd can't handle directories with >140000 files in
it.

Best regards,
Eduard

the Netherlands