Bug#322876: marked as done (qps: no processes listed with 2.6 kernel (220.127.116.11) on MP machine)
- To: Matej Vela <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Bug#322876: marked as done (qps: no processes listed with 2.6 kernel (18.104.22.168) on MP machine)
- From: email@example.com (Debian Bug Tracking System)
- Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 17:18:25 -0800
- Message-id: <E1FH9nN-0002Cx-Pt@spohr.debian.org>
- References: <E1FH9Xa-0004PYfirstname.lastname@example.org> <E1E3r5Bemail@example.com>
Your message dated Wed, 08 Mar 2006 17:02:06 -0800
with message-id <E1FH9Xa-0004PYfirstname.lastname@example.org>
and subject line Bug#322876: fixed in qps 1.9.13-1
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere. Please contact me immediately.)
Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Debian Bug Tracking System <email@example.com>
- Subject: qps: no processes listed with 2.6 kernel (22.214.171.124) on MP machine
- From: Andrew Sharp <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 01:09:33 -0700
- Message-id: <E1E3r5Bemail@example.com>
On machines with more than one processor and 2.6 kernel, qps doesn't
list any processes. It draws the window for the list of processes, but
it's empty. The graphical displays of load average and the like work.
Still works on 2.4 kernels and on UP machines with 2.6 kernels. I tried
to pinpoint the problem, and I noticed with strace that it is trying to
open the file /proc/<pid>/cpu for each process, and that open fails on
2.6 kernels, but that shouldn't keep it from displaying the list of
processes. I didn't do an strace on the UP machine to see if it was
trying to open that file or not.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: 3.1
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 126.96.36.199
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C (charmap=ANSI_X3.4-1968)
Versions of packages qps depends on:
ii libc6 2.3.2.ds1-22 GNU C Library: Shared libraries an
ii libgcc1 1:3.4.3-13 GCC support library
ii libqt3c102-mt 3:3.3.4-3 Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime v
ii libstdc++5 1:3.3.5-13 The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
ii libx11-6 4.3.0.dfsg.1-14 X Window System protocol client li
ii xlibs 4.3.0.dfsg.1-14 X Keyboard Extension (XKB) configu
-- no debconf information
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
qps, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Matej Vela <email@example.com> (supplier of updated qps package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 01:51:50 +0100
Architecture: source i386
Maintainer: Debian QA Group <email@example.com>
Changed-By: Matej Vela <firstname.lastname@example.org>
qps - Visual process status monitor
Closes: 322876 343436
qps (1.9.13-1) unstable; urgency=low
* QA upload.
* New upstream release.
- Works with 2.6 kernels on SMP machines. Closes: #322876.
* qps.pro: Remove proc.cpp symlink on clean.
* Switch to debhelper 5.
* Improve description. Closes: #343436.
* debian/README.Debian: No longer relevant now that upstream supports
Qt3 out of the box.
* debian/changelog: Remove duplicate entries.
- Update upstream URL and authors.
- Remove outdated (and no longer required) list of changes.
- Change section to Apps/System.
- Add hints and longtitle.
- Use gcc 4.0 on all architectures.
- Let dh_strip handle DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nostrip.
* debian/rules-rince: Remove cruft.
* debian/watch: Add.
0a705b02a595d0c1e885cb3ddfc9141f 566 x11 optional qps_1.9.13-1.dsc
4db5051d7880e3cf427b06319dd55676 170568 x11 optional qps_1.9.13.orig.tar.gz
0c3bc86a380a50061aac68152cfa93d7 4295 x11 optional qps_1.9.13-1.diff.gz
5e2e72b3621349b449363c19f550b187 204364 x11 optional qps_1.9.13-1_i386.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---