proposed FLTK migration to Xft2 (#189467)

Hi.

As reported in #189467, FLTK's use of Xft1 prevents libfltk1.1-dev
from working on the increasing fraction of systems with libxft2-dev
installed.  One obvious workaround would be to disable FLTK's Xft
support altogether, but it is actually also possible to persuade it to
use Xft2 instead; I have prepared an NMU (with Stefan's permission)
that does the latter, and uploaded it (as source and i386 binaries) to
<http://people.debian.org/~ucko/fltk/> for the time being.

Since fltk-config --ldflags (properly) lists dependencies, including
Xft (1), but it is almost certainly bad for programs to pull in both
libXft.so.1 and libXft.so.2, my new libfltk1.1c102 package conflicts
with existing dependent packages --- hence this mail.  If you upload a
new version of a dependent package built against the existing
Xft1-based FLTK packages, please let me know so I can update the
conflicts accordingly.

Once I've uploaded the Xft2-based packages (probably in a few days, to
allow time for responses), please either change your FLTK
build-dependency to (>= 1.1.3-2.1) and upload rebuilt packages
promptly or grant me permission to NMU them (with only that change).

Finally, please let me know ASAP if there is some reason (such as
independent Xft1 usage) that going to Xft2 would be a problem for your
package; again, if I don't hear any objections in the next few days,
I'll go ahead with the Xft2-based packages.

Thanks.

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.