Re: Updating Flask to 3.x?

Hi Carsten,

Am 17.12.23 um 10:06 schrieb Carsten Schoenert:
Hi,

the Flask team released Flask and the depending package Werkzeug 3.0.0 on 2023-09-30.

Since Thomas Goirand did the last update of Flask to 2.2.x nearly one year ago in preparation for the Bookworm release I've talked with Thomas recently about updating Flask and depending packages again so we can get Flask 3.x into the archive. Thomas pointed out he will not have time to work on Flask 3 and some depending packages in the near future.

I usual try to keep an eye on some Flask related packages as we use them on my day job. A few of them have now RC issues and are already kicked out of testing. Solving these bug reports are now mostly depending on a newer Flask version or at least it would be more useful to move over to a recent Flask version.

Sure, broken packages are no good for anybody.

Following a simple list of reverse deps for the resulting binary packages. Any help, suggestion or useful hint in maintaining this Flask update is really appreciated!

Feel free to contact me if you need help!

Best
Michael