Joining DPT

Dear Python team

I'd like to join the team to work on TUF package:

* Package name    : python-tuf
  Upstream Author : tuf developers <theupdateframework@googlegroups.com>
* URL             : https://github.com/theupdateframework/tuf
* License         : Apache-2.0

It has been requested by upstream year ago, but never landed

* https://bugs.debian.org/931178# RFS (2019)
* https://bugs.debian.org/934151# ITP (2019)

So I suggested upstream about cooperative maintenance through DPT,
and was then encouraged to help:

* https://github.com/theupdateframework/tuf/issues/263#issuecomment-781029348

I am motivated to do the initial work
because I know the procedures as one debian maintainers:
* https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=rzr@users.sf.net

Also as requested I acknowlege team policy:

https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst

I planned to use GBP anyway along salsa, BTW here is my id:

https://salsa.debian.org/rzr

Meanwhile I will update activities regarding this packaging effort
on upstream tracker and crosslink to DBTS.

https://github.com/theupdateframework/tuf/issues/263

If needed feel free to ping me rzr in IRC

Regards
--
http://rzr.online.fr/# gpg:0x467094BC mailto:rzr@users.sf.net