Re: Joining the team

Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> writes:

> Because joining a team, putting packages in them, and enforcing strong
> ownership, is not logic at all. I know you like to do this way, but this
> shouldn't be what we advise for new comers.

Agreed. In my opinion what the policy allows and what is best practise
are two different things.

If you want strong ownership, you can get that already by not having the
package part of the team. To invite people to do so as part of the
Debian policy just makes the policy more complicated (and confusing)
then it needs to be. And creates needless conflicts within our team.

Depending on what you want, You are also free to follow the packaging
guidelines, policies, etc, even if the package isn't formally part of
the team. You could even join this group
https://wiki.debian.org/LowThresholdNmu and allow others to make changes
to your packages without going through the slow NMU process.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>