Re: python-mongoengine 0.21.0-1 review

Hi,

Thanks for the review!

tor. 24. des. 2020 kl. 05:31 skrev Louis-Philippe Véronneau <pollo@debian.org>:

> Hi,
>
> I've just finished reviewing your RFS for python-mongoengine 0.21.0-1
> and it all looks good!
>
> I can't help but notice you are using the tarballs from pypi though,
> which means you don't have access to the upstream testsuite :(
>
> Do you think it would be possible to migrate to the github one and have
> your package run the tests?

I tested with the tarball from GitHub today, and almost all of the
tests is testing against a MongoDB server, which we don't have. This
of course means that almost all test fails. I'm not sure how much
value it is to run the remaining tests during build.

As for the autopkgtest, there might be possible to download, install,
and run MongoDB during the test, that's what upstream is doing when
they test the package, but that must be stretching what we can and
should do when running autopkgtest in Debian.

I'm open for suggestion here, but since we don't have the necessary
package in the repository I believe it will be difficult to test this
package properly.