Merging the PAPT and the DMPT

Hello folks!

Yesterday during the Python BoF at DebConf20 I brought up the question
of merging the PAPT and the DMPT into a single, coherent Python Team.

Most of the people present at the BoF agreed the merge would be a good
idea to:

* improve documentation
* have a consistent workflow between the PAPT and the DMPT
* reduce the bureaucracy of needing to ask membership twice when you
work on python packages

In October 2019, following a short discussion on the ML [1], I opened a
merge request on the policy [2] for this. Most if not all issues in that
MR have since been resolved and the only blocker is getting the admins
approval.

Can we make this happen? If people are against that merge, could you
please speak up and tell us why you think it's a bad idea? At the moment
I feel like I'm fighting the void...

Cheers,

[1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2019/09/msg00128.html
[2]: