Packages depending on python-testtools are now RC: is bzr still a thing?

Hi,

As I wrongly thought python-extras was used only by OpenStack stuff, I
removed Python 2 support for it. Then someone filed a bug against
python-testtools (ScottK, I believe) saying that it became RC.
Therefore, I went ahead and removed Python 2 support for testtools, but
now, this implies that a few packages which I didn't wish to impact are
also RC:

* bzr-builddeb
* bzr-email
* bzr-fastimport
* bzr-git
* bzr-stats
* bzr-upload
* loggerhead

So, basically, unfortunately, Bazaar has lost some of its build
dependencies.

So, I went ahead, and looked what I could do for Bazaar. Unfortunately,
when looking at:
https://launchpad.net/bzr

I can see no release since January 2016, no daily archive. The last
commit in the bzr repository of bzr is from 2017-03-17.

Then I went to see how much Python 3 effort would be needed, and I
quickly gave up. It'd be A LOT of work, but nobody seems doing ANY work
on bzr anymore.

So I wonder: is it time to remove bazaar from Debian? Or is there any
vague plan to make it work with Python 3? If we are to remove it from
Debian, then we'd better do it ASAP.

Your thoughts?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)