Searching for a roundup sponsor

Hi,

Roundup 1.4.20-1.1 is still the version in stable. Roundup 1.5 was released a few years back, and I need someone to help me with the final stages in getting 1.5 in stretch, or getting it removed.

Roundup is a python web application with quite some vendored code (javascript libs and fonts), 5 different licenses, and in 1.5.0 there is an offending file that has an incompatible licensing, so I had to "dfsg" it. (is there a verb for that?)

During this work a security issue came along and this made me realise that the architecture of roundup isn't exactly compatible with what I would expect from a proper Debain package.

We can create security updates for roundup, but that won't help any existing user as all actual issue trackers are using a copy of the lib at the time of their birth.

I'm quite unsure on how to proceed here, but perhaps someone with more experience can help me with the steps needed.

Thanks,
--
Kai Storbeck
kaisan on (oftc, freenet) irc