Rename package? (Re: Request to join DPMT and RFS: python-simpy/3.0.7-1 [ITA])

Hi,

sorry for the late reply:

On 2015-05-02 03:07, Larissa Reis wrote:
> Changes since the last upload:
>
>   * New upstream release (Closes: #729866)
>     - Simpy 3 API is not compatible with Simpy 2. For information on porting
>     from Simpy 2, see
>     http://simpy.rtfd.org/en/latest/topical_guides/porting_from_simpy2.html

In some cases (don't ask me which ones) Debian changes package
names on fundamental changes, e.g. from "python-simpy" to
"python-simpy3". This allows to update simpy without sudden or
unexptected breakage of current packages or even locally
installed software. There is no "accidental" upgrade path.

OTOH, I'm not sure whether this effort would be justified in
this case. Comments?

Cheers