Re: Sample DPMT SVN-GIT migration

On May 05, 2015, at 07:48 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:

>This was a sample migration.  Still commit to svn (except for testing
>purposes).

So I think the last remaining decision to make is that of the patch regime
we're going to adopt.  Once we decide that, I'd like to look at Stefano's
migration tools and see if we can make them work a little better with that
patch scheme.  If not, that's cool, we can set that up after the migration,
but I think it will be a little better if we know that at the start.

I think the best way to do this is to pick an arbitrary self-imposed deadline
for comments.  I'll throw out May 22, which gives us 2 weeks from today.

In that time, please give Stefano's test migration a try.  For those packages
with quilt patches, play with each of the various regimes.  I know of gbp-pq
and git-dpm.  If you have something else you think we should consider, let us
know.  If you have positive or negative experiences, or just want to provide
the team with your comments, post them here.

Then on the 22nd, we open a poll and solicit votes, say for 1 week.

That puts us on track to migrate by early June.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
-Barry