Re: python3-xlib lost in Debian

Hi,

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 10:20:05 +0800, mudongliang wrote:
> Today I try to install a software - youdao dict.
> First I try it in vmware machine: Linuxmint and Ubuntu. It can succeed!
> But when I do it in Debian , it fails ; And the reason is the lost of
> python3-xlib.
> So I search in the web page of Debian: this package is not contained by
> Debian Jessie or Squeeze!They only have a package named python-xlib. The
> same to Ubuntu , it has.
> What happens about this package?

Upstream looks dead, and Ubuntu has distro-patched the package [1] to
make it support Python 3.

I think it will make sense to apply the same patch(es) in Debian as well,
to help porting other packages to Python 3.

The package is team-maintained, so if Mike (the last uploader, CCed)
doesn't mind, I will just upload the Ubuntu changes back into Debian.

[1]: https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/vivid/python-xlib/vivid

--
Dmitry Shachnev