Re: pygame and python 3

Hi,

Pygame supported python3 since before version 1.9.0 in 2009. All Pygame code is written to work with either Python 2.x or 3.x. So building Pygame for python3 is the same as for python2. Just use "python3 setup.py build" instead of "python setup.py build". Installation is also the same. For Pygame 1.9.2, which I test against Python 2.7 and 3.4 on i386 Linux Mint, python3 support is complete.

So if a stable Pygame package already exists for python2, adapting it for python3 should be straight forward. Let me know if some Pygame bug causes problems and I will deal with it promptly.

Thanks for the effort in keeping Pygame in Linux.

Lenard Lindstrom
Pygame developer