Help needed to test packages with Django 1.7

(Please cc me as I'm not subscribed)

Hello,

I have filed 85 bugs against all reverse-deps of python-django
to ask their maintainers to ensure that their packages works well
with Django 1.7 (1). A good chunk of those are maintained or co-maintained
by the Python Modules team, and as usual in a large sample of packages,
some maintainers will be MIA and I won't have any answer.

So it would be highly appreciated if some people could help
process the following bugs so that when Django 1.7 is out we
have a good picture of what needs to be done and/or what will
possibly have to be (temporarily) removed from testing:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=python-django@packages.debian.org;tag=django17

It would be nice if all packages had a test suite to ensure whether they
still work but a large part doesn't even have a python-django build
dependency so it's not really the case...

What could be done however is mass-rebuild the packages against django 1.7
and mass-tag as confirmed the set of packages which are failing to build
with Django 1.7.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/