Multiple copies of timeoutsocket.py in Debian packages

Hi.

A quick search on http://codesearch.debian.net reports many hits for the
timeoutsocket.py library.

I think it would be better to have a distinct package, then (hence a
RFP: #736935).

However I don't have a clue whether this is really used by these
packages, if multiple versions co-exist, etc. I haven't played with
sockets in Python yet.

I'm tempted to think that it may even no longer be needed at all,
judging from http://bugs.python.org/issue555085 if the feature was added
to Python's standard library.

I don't know if/what to do more on the topic... Anyone willing to try
and dig on this issue ?

Hth.

Best regards,

[0] http://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=TimeoutSocket+path%3Atimeoutsocket.py