Re: pythonX.Y maintenance team

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 16:13, Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> wrote:
> I don't think that the *-defaults packages and the interpreter packages
> fundamentally require the same maintainer, but I expect it to be problematic
> to have different teams maintain them if each team has the other as a member as
> they are both strong personalities.

could you please elaborate a bit? what is the problem you see?
*-defaults define the policy and the default version of python, while
python* is just the interpreter packages (big packages, but not even
*that* complicated; f.e. the most scary point, problems on weird
archs, is currently delegated to porters). I don't even see that much
collaboration needed here (not that it would hurt), so I'd like to
hear your doubts.

> So far, the solicitation has been for co-maintainers with morph.  I think it
> would only be fair to make a similar call for co-maintainers with doko.

Stefano already explained to you, but that would have been fair if
doko had asked for it.