Re: #! /usr/bin/python{,3} -Es

On Oct 26, 2012, at 12:33 PM, Jakub Wilk wrote:

>* Thomas Kluyver <thomas@kluyver.me.uk>, 2012-10-26, 11:03:
>>Are there any situations where you might want to run a system script >with modified Python environment variables? I can't think of any off >the top of my head. Here's the list of environment variables:
>>
>>http://docs.python.org/using/cmdline.html#environment-variables
>
>What is the definition of "system" script?

It's a good question.  In some sense, it's any script that is vital to the
proper functioning of the system, as opposed to applications which run on the
system.  lsb_release falls under that category for me, but not django-admin.

But maybe it's more like that famous line describing obscenity[1], "I know it
when I see it".

Cheers,
-Barry

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_know_it_when_I_see_it