Re: Packaging python-mocker and cloud-init in Debian ?

Le Wed, May 09, 2012 at 03:20:50AM -0400, Scott Moser a écrit :

> > I proposed the idea to the grub2 maintainers in http://bugs.debian.org/672104.
>
> I spoke to Colin Watson about this today, and he suggested that grub2 was
> not the right place for this.  But, he would help/sponsor a
> grub-legacy-ec2 package into debian.  So I think we'll chase that.

Great.  I followed up in http://bugs.debian.org/672104.  I propose to move the
discussion there, as it becomes off-topic for python-apps.

> > In the meantime, I consider uploading a version of cloud-init where
> > grub-legacy-ec2 and all the diversions have been removed.  Would this make your
> > work hader in Ubuntu ?
>
> As long as you're willing to work towards a unified package in the
> future, I'm not opposed to that.
>
> The biggest missing piece is the sysvinit scripts.  I don't think you added
> any, did you?

Not yet.  To be honest, I never used cloud-init either, but it looks it will do
many of the things I need.  Co-maintainers are much welcome !

If Upstart works out of the box on lean Debian systems (I never checked), how
about uploading first to experimental, so that others can help testing the
package.  Then, once init scripts and perhaps systemd are ready, and once we
agree that the package is in shape for unifying with Ubuntu, I will upload to
Unstable, probably after the Wheezy freeze.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,