Re: Packaging python-mocker and cloud-init in Debian ?

On Wed, 9 May 2012, Charles Plessy wrote:

> Le Sat, May 05, 2012 at 01:29:24PM -0400, Scott Moser a écrit :
> > On Sat, 5 May 2012, Charles Plessy wrote:
> >
> > > I think that your proposition to separate grub-legacy-ec2 is good, especially
> > > that in Debian, the plan is to maintain cloud-init in the python applications
> > > packaging team, and grub-legacy-ec2 has nothing to do with Python.
> > >
> > > It looks like ideally, the functions of grub-legacy-ec2 could be attached to
> > > the grub2 package so that they can share their configuration.  How about if I
> > > contact the grub2 maintainers and tell about the need to create menu.lst in
> > > pv-grub-booted systems, proposing grub-legacy-ec2's code as a starting point ?
> >
> > I think that sounds like a good idea.
>
> Hi again,
>
> I proposed the idea to the grub2 maintainers in http://bugs.debian.org/672104.

I spoke to Colin Watson about this today, and he suggested that grub2 was
not the right place for this.  But, he would help/sponsor a
grub-legacy-ec2 package into debian.  So I think we'll chase that.

> In the meantime, I consider uploading a version of cloud-init where
> grub-legacy-ec2 and all the diversions have been removed.  Would this make your
> work hader in Ubuntu ?

As long as you're willing to work towards a unified package in the
future, I'm not opposed to that.

The biggest missing piece is the sysvinit scripts.  I don't think you added
any, did you?

> Have a nice day,

Thanks for your help, Charles.
Scott