Re: ${python:Breaks}

Le jeudi 10 mars 2011 à 09:00 -0500, Scott Kitterman a écrit :
> The upstream Python position is (I'll paraphrase), "There will not be
> a Python 2.8. If there is a new feature release of Python 2 it will be
> because someone forked it - it's Free software, so we can't prevent
> that".
>
> There are a lot of things we need to worry about in the Debian Python
> world, but I don't think python2.8 is one of them.

Now consider that many applications do not support Python micro versions
being > 9. This means that if Python 2.7.9 ever needs to be updated, it
will be to 2.8.0.

Of course, upstream will answer that Python 2.x should be dead at that
time. Considering the time (8 years) it took to phase out a package
(gtk1.2) with a similar (or actually lower) number of reverse
dependencies, I wouldn’t bet on that.

--
 .''`.
: :' :     “You would need to ask a lawyer if you don't know