Re: distutils and -fno-strict-aliasing

* Éric Araujo <merwok@netwok.org>, 2010-12-12, 23:10:
Can you report this behavior on bugs.python.org, if it isn’t already
filed?  Thanks in advance.

It has already been reported over 6 years ago:
http://bugs.python.org/issue969718

However, I couldn't trigger this problem with lenny's python2.4 and neither I can see any patch that would make it diverge from upstream.

For python2.5 and python2.6, I believe that Debian packages are not affected only thanks to (or maybe: as an unintentional side effect of?) this patch: http://deb.li/3ku1g

As far as I can tell, dpkg-buildpackage started exporting CFLAGS and friends on 2008-03-30, and the patch was applied in python2.5 on 2008-04-27, so Debian packages were exposed to this issue only for a short period of time.

--
Jakub Wilk