Re: Request to join the Python Modules Packaging Team

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 22:39 +0100, Tim Michelsen wrote:
> Hi!
> I'd like to offer my support related to scientific python packages:
> * Spyder
> * scikits.timeseries
> * scikits.hydroclimpy
> * scikits.pystatsmodels
>
> I have already started to push some to Ubuntu:
>
> * PPA:
> https://launchpad.net/~pythonxy/+archive/individual-releases
>
> * and REVU:
> http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/p/spyder
>
> The Ubuntu MOTUs require that the packages land first in Debian.

In my comment on REVU I stated "I would suggest..."!  By no means is it
a "requirement" to get your package into Debian first.  However from my
own past experiences IMHO you would get better, more timely reviews of
your package by joining PAPT and PMPT.

Best regards
Charlie Smotherman (porthose)