backporting Python 2.6

Hi,

while trying to backport Python 2.6 to Lenny, I discovered that it
conflicts with python-xml, which is required by several other packages
in conjunction with earlier versions of Python.

I don't understand why this module has to conflict, though, but rather
see this conflict as an artifact of our ways to express dependencies in
Debian packages. If one could arrange for this pacakge to not install
into pyshared, things could be fine, right?

TIA!

--
Kind regards,
--Toni++