Re: pkg-turbogears dead?

Hey!

On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 15:14 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Hi Kov and Bob,
>   in the process of packaging Python modules that are needed for
> TurboGears 2, I've stumbled upon the pkg-turbogears alioth project
> [1], which looks like dead: not even turbogears 1 dependencies are
> there and is inactive since 2006.

IIRC, I tried to contact Bob about joining pkg-turbogears lots of time
ago, and end up hijacking some of the work because he seemed to be MIA,
so I'd say that pkg-turbogears pretty much doesn't exist.

Some months ago I tried to package turbogears 2, and found that its
usage of setuptools was far more idiotic than I could bear, and decided
using CherryPy alone, with SQLAlchemy was more like it for me =/.

Here is where I put my preliminary work at, as far as I remember:

	http://people.debian.org/~kov/tg2/tg2.tar.gz

> If you confirm that the project is no longer in use, I propose to
> request the alioth admin to close it, to diminish a bit the confusion
> around TG in Debian :-)

Go ahead, in my opinion =). And thanks for packaging TG2! Despite its
setuptools usage being somewhat dumb, I too prefer it over django for a
variety of reasons.

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha <kov@debian.org>