Re: Python 2.6 in unstable

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 03:22:09PM -0600, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> With the last upload of python-central, only a few issues with
> python-central remain, before python 2.6 can be uploaded to unstable,
> as has been outlined by Piotr here:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2009/11/msg00014.html

I think the last maintainer upload undid these, causing more
problems:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2009/11/msg00070.html

> Given this, could you please let me know when Python 2.6 can be
> uploaded to unstable? I'd really like to see it in unstable quickly,
> so that we have enough time for testing all Python applications and
> modules, and handle bug reports and troubles with a lot of time to
> spare. I fear that delaying the upload to close to the freeze might
> not provide sufficient time for testing.

Are there any hopes of getting a date for this? November is going to
end soon, and that leaves only 4 months to the freeze. I really don't
see the need to find a more auspicous time[1] for uploading Python 2.6
to unstable, but could we have your reasoning/schedule on when the
uupload is going to happen, please?

Thanks.

Kumar

[1]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhurta