Re: MBF: embedded copies of Python modules

2009/11/8 Jakub Wilk <ubanus@users.sf.net>:
> I am going to file a few dozens of bugs against packages that are embedding
> copies of Python modules; more specifically:

Do you mean that all these packages need to stick to the stable
standard version of some Module available in Debian? I personally
think that fit is a bad idea, because by upgrading such Module it is
possible to break Python Application that require older version of the
Module for its equivalent stable version.

How does Debian Policy 4.13 (Convenience copies of code) deal in this case?

Is it possible for Python Applications to maintain their own set of
"stable" modules independently? For example by building virtualenv
upon installation and filling missing dependencies online through
custom mirror of PyPi packages with added Debian specifics?
--
anatoly t.