Re: Work on a current Debian Python policy (was: Lintian warnings for Python packaging?)

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 21:22:47 +1100 Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au>
wrote:
>Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org> writes:
>
>> Scott Kitterman ha scritto:
>> > Since we currently lack anything like a maintained Python policy, I
>> > think this is putting the cart before the horse. [ &]
>
>> [ &] we could wait for the new policy to be drafted, I'm not sure when
>> this will happen, though.
>
>I don't know if anyone has even taken the reins for this recently.
>
>The last time I knew someone was actually developing a Debian Python
>policy was when Manoj Srivastava was drafting a document to help record
>some of the ad hoc practices he observed, and that work appears to have
>ceased sometime in 2006.
>
>The Debian wiki page on the topic, though no doubt useful to some
>extent, seems more a collection of tips than an attempt at a policy.
>
>Is there a silent Debian Python policy drafter out there who would like
>to step forward? Or is this work now moribund?

I'm not aware of any ongoing work.  I would be willing to help work on such
a thing, but we currently lack a good mechanism for developing/approving
such a policy.

Scott K