intent to hijack turbogears 2 (and some of its friends)

[ I'm not subscribed to -python, please Cc me if you reply only there ]

Hi all,
  as some of you might know from planet already [1,2,3,4], I've been
working on the packaging of turbogears 2 [5] recently.

Fact is, turbogears 2 was already packaged in Debian, but was
unusable. The main reasons were #530879 and, transitively,
#507909. Both cases show that both turbogears and turbojson were
uploaded to unstable, but nevertheless were lacking several of their
dependencies in the Debian archive. My work thus far have been on
packaging such dependencies, relying on the experimental archive.

Now, to get turbogears 2 actually working [6], I'm at the point that I
need to actually upload at least turbojson, but soon thereafter also
turbogears 2.

Given that the maintainer (Cc-ed) has not replied to any of the above
bug reports---the latter is 7-month old---I'm hereby notifying my
intention to hijack both turbogears 2 and turbojson.

Comments, about either approval or disapproval of this intended
action, are more than welcome.

Cheers

PS the work I've done thus far has been under the umbrella of the
   Debian Python Module Team, with me as the only Uploader. If you are
   interested in helping out, I'm more than open to have other
   Uploaders, just let me know.

[1] http://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2009/05/kick-starting_turbogears_2_packaging/
[2] http://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2009/06/turbogears_2_packaging_-_take_2/
[3] http://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2009/06/turbogears_2_packaging_-_take_3/
[4] http://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2009/06/turbogears_2_packaging_-_take_4/
[5] http://www.turbogears.org/
[6] ... and actually also to get turbogears *1* working again, since
    the turbojson bug have broken also version 1, which was working in
    Lenny