doubt about license

Please forgive my ignorance, but why does package python-openid, which
has an Apache license (with some boilerplate not filled at the end, I
think) in LICENSE file, report LGPL in debian/copyright?

Googling a little, I couldn't understand if such a migration is legally
plausible (I don't think so, but I'm not an expert). But even if it was,
what is the reason?

thanks

Pietro Battiston