Re: numpy 1.2.1, switching to git?

Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 06:43:19PM +0100, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
>> Monty Taylor wrote:
>>> /me whinges that switching to bzr for packaging in general would be a
>>> much nicer thing overall, since then ubuntu downstream is pretty well
>>> bzr...
>
>> unfortunatelt I don't know why they use bzr
>
> Because bzr was developed in conjunction with Ubuntu? :)  (This might mean
> Ubuntu is somewhat biased in favor of bzr; OTOH, it also means that bzr
> developers are responsive to the needs of Ubuntu developers.)

Actually I didn't know that it was developed by Ubuntu people, all I know is
that Ubuntu uses bzr everywhere. After using cvs, svn, arch, bzr, darcs, git
and other weird things I prefer git - although it has a steep learning curve,
it is much more intuitive to use at the end, comes with a *lot* more features
and is much faster than all other tools. From the idea how a distributed
revision control system should work darcs is still my favourite -
unfortunately I had way too much trouble with bugs when using it and it is
missing a lot of features compared with git, so I don't use it anymore.

My opinion based on the daily use von the tools is really subjective as all
tools do the job they should do most of the time, but using git is just less
pain at the end - although I have to admit that it scared me a bit at the
beginning.

--
 Bernd Zeimetz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprint: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79