Re: numpy 1.2.1, switching to git?

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 06:43:19PM +0100, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> Monty Taylor wrote:
> > /me whinges that switching to bzr for packaging in general would be a
> > much nicer thing overall, since then ubuntu downstream is pretty well
> > bzr...

> unfortunatelt I don't know why they use bzr

Because bzr was developed in conjunction with Ubuntu? :)  (This might mean
Ubuntu is somewhat biased in favor of bzr; OTOH, it also means that bzr
developers are responsive to the needs of Ubuntu developers.)

> as it is really ugly to use

Ugly how?

> (that's just my subjective opinion, please don't start a flame war now....)

It's a rather strongly worded opinion; if you want to avoid flame wars, you
might find it helpful to bring specific criticisms to the table instead of
just declaring a solution "ugly". :)

Slinking back into the shadows of debian-python,