Re: scipy packaging

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 6:34 PM, Pietro Battiston <toobaz@email.it> wrote:

> Hello,
> a package I maintain, gvb, has just entered sid, and I noticed that
> unfortunately I erroneously set "Priority: optional" (it is wrong
> because it depends on python-scipy which has "Priority: extra").
>
> I was already fixing this, but first I was curious on why scipy had
> "extra". I noticed it Conflicts: with the following packages:
>
> python-scipy-core, python2.3-scipy, python2.3-scipy-core,
> python2.4-scipy, python2.4-scipy-core
>
> actually, those seem to me all obsolete or only used in kfreebsd
> architecture... in other words, it seems to me better to set
> python-scipy package.
>
> Please forgive me if I'm missing something, those are my first steps
> as Debian maintainer...

Thanks for asking these questions. Even though I try to keep
python-scipy in shape,
I don't know the answers. To me personally it doesn't really matter,
if it's extra, or optional.
But if you need something fixed in python-scipy and you get a
consensus on that, I'll
fix it, or help you fix it.

Ondrej