VCS repository on Alioth projects with unrelated packages (was: Proposed new package, bugs-everywhere_0.0.193-1.1)

"Sandro Tosi" <matrixhasu@gmail.com> writes:

> If this is as python app (and you'd like to follow this path)

It is implemented in Python, and I'm interested in the PAPT; thanks
for the invite.

> the repository it's already on Alioth, and it's called PAPT[1] ;)

Unfortunately (as <URL:irc://irc.oftc.net/#debian-python> made clear
in a conversation earlier this evening), the PAPT won't allow packages
to use any VCS but their chosen repository, which is currently a
Subversion back-end.

Since my VCS preference, and that of my upstream, is Bazaar, this
makes PAPT more of a burden than I was looking for. Alioth was
attractive for this package largely *because* it provides hosted
Bazaar repositories.

Thanks again!

--
 \     "I have an answering machine in my car. It says, 'I'm home now. |
  `\      But leave a message and I'll call when I'm out.'"  -- Steven |