Re: Python modules not installed correctly with pycentral

OoO En cette  soirée bien amorcée du lundi 07  janvier 2008, vers 22:12,
Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> disait:

>> >   It does work.
>>
>> I  have just  tested and  #386970 is  still present  with  py_support at
>> least. In postinst, I have  first the snippet by dh_installinit and then
>> the snippet by dh_pysupport. In prerm, I have exactly the same thing.

>   you need to use compat level 6 for that.

OK. Therefore, if we use pure debhelper :
 - depends on debhelper (>= 5.0.44)
 - set debian/compat to 6
 - add a lintian override for this
 - call first dh_pysupport (or dh_pycentral) then dh_installinit

And we use cdbs :
 - depends on debhelper (>= 5.0.44)
 - set debian/compat to 6
 - add a lintian override for this
 - add this  in debian/rules to disallow first  run of dh_installinit to
   modify postinst/prerm/postrm scripts:
  DEB_DH_INSTALLINIT_ARGS := -n
 - add or modify binary-install/package target:
  binary-install/yourbinarypackage::
	dh_installinit -p$(cdbs_curpkg)
   or (not tested):
  $(patsubst %,binary-install/%,$(DEB_PACKAGES)) :: binary-install/%:
	dh_installinit -p$(cdbs_curpkg)

I don't know if make would allow to append something at the beginning of
an existing target to avoid such a silly work-around.

Thanks for your help.
--
BOFH excuse #238:
You did wha... oh _dear_....