Re: where is pyserial?

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 07:17:04 +0200, "Tshepang Lekhonkhobe" <tshepang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi.

> A few months ago, I saw tht pyserial was available in Etch. Now
> apt-cache search returns nothing and I can't even import it in
> interactive session. What happened to it?

 Do you refer to python-serial?

 It seems to be available on stable, testing and unstable.

#apt-cache show python-serial
Package: python-serial
 This module capsulates the access for the serial port. It provides
 backends for standard Python running on Windows, Linux, BSD (possibly
 any POSIX compilant system). The module named "serial" automaticaly
 selects the appropriate backend.
Python-Version: all
Tag: devel::library, langdevel::python, made-of::lang:python, role::content:data