Re: python 2.4?

> Le jeudi 18 mai 2006 à 08:17 +0530, Ganesan Rajagopal a écrit :
>> > There's no point in simplifying python packaging if in fact it becomes
>> > more complicated because we allow exceptions.
>>
>> Then please suggest how to handle the issues that I raised with the new
>> policy.

> I don't see any issues raised in your messages. Having extra .so files
> is the drawback we have accepted when deciding upon this new policy.

Okay, if that's the decision, then I guess I can live with that.

> As for the ctypes example, it can be trivially handled with dependencies.

That much is obvious. The point is wouldn't it be confusing to the user to
call the package python-ctypes when it doesn't support the current python
version? Oh well, I guess I can put in something in the description to
explain this.

Ganesan

--
Ganesan Rajagopal