Re: python 2.4?

On Tue, 16 May 2006, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> I think the Python BoF happened, so is there a thread somewhere with
> what was discussed, a wiki article or even a blog entry ? I trust that
> the guys involved took non insane decisions but i would like to know,
> since we've more than 50 packages to keep ok for Etch just in the
> Debian Python Modules Team and a lot more that i would like to give
> attention too out of our team.
>
> Closing, who from dpmt was there? I hope buxy was, because i think
> he's the only dpmt admin in mx (gpastore and i weren't). Probably
> others dmpt members were too. Well, break the silence and give me
> updates, please. :)

I were, Matthias Klose was, and Josselin was (and many more people like
Jeroen, Anthony, Andreas, ...). The discussion has been interesting and we
have a kind of new python-policy. More on that later, hopefully from
someone else than me...

Matthias has some updates on python-central on his laptop and he should
upload it somewhere so that we can take a look.

We agreed to switch to python-2.4 in the week following debconf (next week
that is) and go on with whatever we have at that time.

Raphaël Hertzog