Re: on packaging TurboGears 0.8.9

Bob, Pythoners,

Em Qua, 2006-05-03 às 22:35 -0500, Bob Tanner escreveu:
> > I plan to add turbogears and json-py to the python-modules team; Bob,
> > what say you? Have you made any work on this front? Should I go on and
> > upload those packages to Debian?
>
> I have most of those packages (some dated) are in my personal repository.
>
> deb-src ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time sid custom main contrib
> non-free

I'm taking a look at them while doing my work, though I most of the
times decide to start from scratch because I'm taking a different
approach (by using python-support, mainly), and am trying to keep the
naming compliant with our draft policy.

> Push what you got, I'll post any major differences for discussion and sync
> my stuff to alioth.

Do you have any words on the turbogears package currently sitting there?
I uploaded json-py, and I'd like to upload turbogears as soon as the
other packages which are dependencies get support for it, what do you
say?

In the mean time, I'm working on packaging the stuff needed by TG 0.9;
I've made packages for pyprotocols and ruledispatch; I added them both
to the python-modules svn, and uploaded them here:

http://people.debian.org/~kov/turbogears/

May I go ahead and upload them to unstable, closing your ITP's (maybe
becoming the submitter for them, myself before that?), what is your
opinion on this matter? It would be good to get these packages going
through NEW already; we have less and less time to try out stuff,
stabilize them and maybe get them into Etch (!) =).

Some work still to go; let's see if I'll be able to see the wonderful
Toolbox running through a packaged TurboGears 'till the end of the week.

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>
http://people.debian.org/~kov/