Re: formencode as .egg in Debian ??

Matthias Urlichs wrote:

>> If it break Debian policies, please point me to the appropriate
>> section(s) and documents. I wasn't able to find any related to python
>> module packaging.
>>
> zless /usr/share/doc/python/python-policy.txt.gz

I put a zip_safe = False into the setup.py, the prevents the egg from being
created, but it makes the directory structure like so:

`-- usr
    |-- lib
    |   `-- python2.4
    |       `-- site-packages
    |           `-- FormEncode-0.4-py2.4.egg
    |               |-- EGG-INFO
    |               `-- formencode
    |                   |-- javascript
    |                   `-- util

Reading python-policy 1.4, I believe a 3rd party module should be just

        /usr/lib/python<X>.<Y>/site-packages/<module-dir>

Correct?

I can "fix" this problem using a .pth file, but is that the proper thing to
do?

I'm using cdbs and I cannot seem to find the logic on where modules get
installed, is it controllable via cdbs?
--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>          | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.real-time.com, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500