debian-python@lists.debian.org

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 10:26:57AM +0200, Alexandre Fayolle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on the packaging of a python module (psyco). This module has
> some doc provided in Python's latex idiom, and therefore requires that
> the mkhowto script (provided in the Doc/tools/ directory of the python
> source distribution) be available.
>
> I've been unable to find a debian package providing these tools.
>
> Should I :
>
>  * look better (any hint welcome)
>  * file a bug report against the python packages, requesting a
> python-doc-tools package to be added to the debian archive
>  * ship my own version of mkhowto in the package to build the
> documentation
>
> Any suggestion welcome.
>
> --

How big is this documentation?  Is it big enough to have a -doc package?
If so, you might consider just building the -doc on your own system and

This is impure, but pragmatic.  It is impure because anyone else who
wants to build it will have to do so by hand.  It is pragmatic because
the autobuilders won't have to build it (or anyone else, either).

Jim Penny