Re: Documentation generation scripts

fre 2003-05-09 klockan 15.24 skrev Bastian Kleineidam:

> On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 10:26:57AM +0200, Alexandre Fayolle wrote:
> >  * file a bug report against the python packages, requesting a
> > python-doc-tools package to be added to the debian archive
> I'suggest not a new package, but inclusion in pythonX.Y-doc.

Why would we need the python documentation to build our own
documentation? I think a new package is a better idea.

> Note that you need some other files for mkhowto to work, a texinput
> file and some additional scripts, one perl script...
> your build-depends should get quite big :)

Tell me about it! Look at the build-dependencies for src:pyopenssl,
that's my package.

> >  * ship my own version of mkhowto in the package to build the
> > documentation

That's what I do, and I'm also upstream of pyopenssl, it's handy to
distribute it so it works everywhere<tm>.

/Martin
--
Martin Sjögren
  sjogren@debian.org -- marvin@dum.chalmers.se