Python versions and bytecode

Hi,

as I'm currently packaging solarwolf, I have a question about python
bytecode. I have put the .py files used by the game in
/usr/lib/games/solarwolf/ and I compile them in postinst with
compileall.py. The question is : will the generated .pyc and .pyo files
still work if the major python version changes ? For now, I have put a
dependency on python2.1, but it may not be necessary.

Thanks for your help.
(please cc me on replys)
`. `'